A) The concept
VOVOX® sound conductors' design and production are based mainly on material science and not electrical engineering.
B) The goal
VOVOX aims for a pristine signal transmission which does not lose information during the process. This goal can not be achieved by taking measures that influence the sound for specific applications, e.g. by offering a special cable type for a certain instrument or musical style. The results of such measures only appear to be an improvement, since they will never help reach the goal of an unaltered signal transmission. All measures taken by VOVOX have one purpose only: To remove hurdles on the way to achieving a flawless signal flow.
C) The technical realization
VOVOX® sound conductors differ in various aspects from conventional cables. While some of these differences are obvious, others are hidden and will remain the company's business secrets.
- Solid core conductors: Conductors made of solid wires
- High purity, high tech plastics
- no plasticizers
- no PVC
- no colour pigments
- Use of an additional conductor for ground, having the same high quality as the signal conductors
- Unusually large spacing between the conductors
It is our goal to create a sound conductor that has no "sound character" at all, but transmits sound signals as flawlessly as possible without losing any sound information. Many test reports in audio magazines have attested that we come quite close to this goal.
The different cable ranges approach this ideal with different amounts of complexity. Correspondingly, the more expensive cables get closer to the perfect transmission of sound.
- VOVOX® vocalis: advanced high-end
- VOVOX® textura: gourmet high-end
- VOVOX® textura fortis: ultimate high-end
In general: yes. However, the necessary run-in time is quite variable for the different cable types.
Upon our point of view, the reason for this run-in effect is still unclear and not understood. Nevertheless, after some time of use we detect clear changes in sound quality, such as:
- better spatial resolution, especially for instruments and voices in the center
- perfect sound balance
- more naturalness
- more even sound pattern
- vocalis: long break-in time (min. 20 hours), great effect
- textura / textura fortis: these sound conductors are pretreated in a specific process before they leave our factory, but allow 1 hour of „warming up“ for perfect sound. Moreover, the result further improves during the first 100 - 200 hours of use.
Recommendation (no guarantee)
- for NF-signals on line-level
- for connecting CD-player, tuner, streamer, pre-amplifier
- cables shorter or equal than 1.5 m (5 ft)
- for connecting phono players
- cables longer than 1.5 m (5 ft)
- conductors of oxygen-free copper coated with natural fibers
- very good price-performance ratio
- conductors made of 99.9999% pure continuous cast copper
- cable coating with natural fibres
- Reference cable for many application
- unobstrusive look
VOVOX® textura fortis:
- conductors made of 99.9999% pure continuous cast copper with ten times enlarged cross section
- cable coating with natural fibres
- reference cable with extreme power reserves
- uncompromising construction
- larger distance between conductors
- sound optimized connectors
- no shield even for unbalanced cables
- one-end-only shield connection for shielded cables
- further increased tonal quality
RCA and phono cables
RCA and phono cables are so called unbalanced interconnects. There is a noticeable correlation between cable length and sound quality. Cables should be kept short, if possible not longer than 2 meters (7 ft).
Here, we are talking about balanced cables. The influence of the cable length is rather low. Therefore, even interconnects of several meters length will lead to good results.
There is a clear influence on sound quality. Shorter cables are not only less expensive, they also have a better performance.
This question cannot be answered generally. The amount of influence of a single cable depends on the signal chain.
It is not true, that the poorest cable acts like a bottleneck, so that all other cables have no influence. In fact, with each cable, the result can be optimized step by step.
It’s the last power cord, directly attached to the consuming device that is most important. Even with an imperfect branch, power cables can make a big difference. Often it is difficult to make prognoses, therefore we recommend to make tests.
VOVOX® power cables should have a minimum length of 1.8 m (6 ft). If the cable is shorter, the effect will be reduced.